Two types of memberships
There are two membership categories: Associate and Active Members.
An institution is considered an Active Members if it meets all the requirements, and develops and runs double degree student exchanges with T.I.M.E. members in at least two different countries. Active members may be elected to the Advisory Committee by the General Assembly.
An institution is considered an Associate Member if it recently joined the Association and has not yet met the minimum requirements to be considered as an Active Member. After joining the network, it must:
- Within two years, demonstrate that it has taken the necessary steps regarding academic regulations for double degrees to be possible;
- From the third year, it has at least one student per year engaged in a T.I.M.E. double degree programme;
- From the fifth year, it has double degree programmes with at least two other countries.
As soon as these requirements are fulfilled, it becomes an Active Member.
The T.I.M.E. Advisory Committee appoints an Admissions Committee which reports concerning potential new members and advises on admissions policy. Since 2004, new membership of T.I.M.E. has been possible by invitation only. Any potential new member must be proposed by a current member of T.I.M.E. and supported by two others. This means that new members almost always have an existing cooperation including exchange and often, double degree agreements with current T.I.M.E. members. The network is open to universities from every continent. Membership is voted by all T.I.M.E. members.
The following priorities for 2021 admissions are institutions from continents, regions and countries where we are not represented or under-represented, specifically: The Americas (Colombia,Chile, Mexico,..) Africa (Marocco, Tunisia, Kenya, Egypt, South Africa,..), Middle East (Lebanon, Iran,…) and Asia (India, Singapore, South Korea,…).
This does not exclude proposals for new members from European countries (particularly again, where we are not represented). For example: Ireland, The Netherlands, UK, Switzerland, Lithuania, Estonia,…), which are welcome.
In a nutshell, here are the main rules to apply :
- T.I.M.E. Association does not accept direct applications for membership. Any potential new member must be proposed by a current member of T.I.M.E. and supported by two others. In practice, this means that new members almost always have existing cooperation and exchange with current T.I.M.E. members. Institutions with no Double Degree agreements can apply. Nevertheless, they should be committed to operate double degrees in the mid term.
- Proposals will be reviewed by the Admission Committee that will make recommendations to the Advisory Committee.
- An initial decision on whether to proceed would be taken by the Advisory Committee in February and July 2021, and a vote would occur at the 2021 General Assembly (October 2021, Brisbane, Australia)
- If accepted, they will first be admitted as Associate Member. Associate members have voting rights but are not eligible for election to the Advisory Committee.
Note that we have 4 open positions.
Please contact Mrs Gwenaëlle Guillerme (email@example.com) for more information about the detailed procedure.